Green Jobs Academy
This is a three day (24 hour) training that provides groundwork for new/existing weatherization workers to expand their knowledge of weatherization. Individuals will understand how a QCI ensures completion of work performed according to specifications and standards, will perform safety and diagnostic testing, will record and report findings and will learn how to deal with corrective actions based upon the building audit. This training is done primarily in the classroom, along with hands-on activities in the lab conducting testing with IR infrared thermo imaging devices. Students will be required to pass a final exam on the last day of training in order to receive a certificate of completion.
At the conclusion of this training the student will learn:
- The history of the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
- How air sealing a home affects indoor air quality
- Building, electrical and mechanical codes, as well as worker safety requirements
- DOE rules and guidance as they apply to incidental repairs and H&S measures
- US DOE monitoring requirements
- DOE regulations pertaining to file structure, file review and fiscal requirements about procurement
- The purpose of tools used by inspectors
- Infrared thermography benefits as it relates to weatherization installation
- Importance of safe work practices
- The purpose and importance of report writing
Prerequisites: GED/High School diploma, relevant industry inspector experience (crew lead / energy auditor), work in WAP, building performance or building science industries, relevant building science coursework / training, or industry certifications; RESNET, BPI, NATE, EPA).
- Training Type: Continuing Ed./Professional Dev., Licensing/Certification, Test Preparation, Vocational
- Specialization: Energy Efficiency, Sustainable Design & Construction
- Other Categories: Grant-funded Programs
- Link: http://www.smoc.org/green-jobs-academy.php
- Notes: This program is funded by the US Department of Energy with assistance from the MA Clean Energy Center, the MA State Energy Partnership and SMOC. Equal Opportunity Employer/Program-Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
- Institution/Organization: Green Jobs Academy
- Department: Workforce Development
- Address: 300 Howard Street
- City, State: Framingham, MA
- Zip: 01720
- County: Middlesex
- Website: http://www.smoc.org
- Contact Name: Suzanne Domestico
- Contact Email: SDomestico@smoc.org
- Contact Phone: 508-626-7150
- Notes: Green Jobs Academy also offers Advanced Blower Door & Pressure Diagnostics, ASHRAE 62.2, Combustion Safety, Crew Chief, OSHA 10, OSHA 30, Quality Control Inspector, RRP Lead training.