Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
The Electrical Technology program prepares students for a variety of choices in the electrical field. From the designing of construction projects in residential, commercial, and industrial areas to the completion of these projects, students experience all phases of an electrical project.
A ten-hour OSHA course provides students with an understanding of job site safety. Students are awarded hours by the Board of Electricians toward the requirement of education that is needed for licensure as a journeyman electrician.
Experienced personnel in the trades, as well as state regulators, such as the Board of Electricians and the Division of Apprentice Training, assures that the program is aggressive and ever-changing, with new methods and technology.
In addition, our material is constantly updated to conform to the National Electrical Code, which changes every three years. Graduates of our program have many career options, including electrical technicians, field service representatives, quality control technicians, and field systems support positions.
- Training Type: Associate's Degree
- Specialization: Energy Efficiency
- Link: http://www.bfit.edu/Academics/Departments/Electrical-Technology/default.aspx
- Institution/Organization: Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
- Address: 41 Berkeley Street
- City, State: Boston, MA
- Zip: 02116
- County: Suffolk
- Website: http://www.bfit.edu/Home/default.aspx
- Contact Name: Tracey Arvin
- Contact Title/Dept: Department Chair
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 877-400-2348 x197