Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVAC/R) is rated by the U.S. Department of Labor as one of the fastest growing job areas in the country. There are excellent employment opportunities available, both locally and nationally, for graduates of certificate programs.
This nine-month, 800-hour, full-time day or evening certificate program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and hands-on skills to become successful HVAC/R technicians. HVAC/R technicians work for heating and cooling contractors,refrigeration and air conditioning service and repair shops, schools, hospitals, office buildings, a variety of industries, and local, state, and federal governments.
Under the supervision of a licensed technician, the HVAC/R apprentices help with the installation, troubleshooting, diagnosis and repair of equipment. Upon successful completion of the program, students are credited with 2,000 hours towards the requirement to sit for the Refrigeration Technician Examination. Today’s HVAC/R Technician needs to be EPA certified. BFIT’s HVAC/R program provides test preparation for the EPA certification. In addition, we also offer an R-410 A certificate and 10-hour OSHA Safety certificate, upon successful completion.
Also, this program offers 150 hours of electrical code needed for state licensure.
- Training Type: Certificate Program
- Specialization: Background Skills / General
- Link: http://www.bfit.edu/Academics/Departments/HVACR/default.aspx
- Institution/Organization: Benjamin Franklin Institute of Technology
- Address: 41 Berkeley Street
- City, State: Boston, MA
- Zip: 02116
- County: Suffolk
- Website: http://www.bfit.edu/Home/default.aspx
- Contact Name: Donald Broza
- Contact Title/Dept: Faculty
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact Phone: 877.400.2348 x181